Who can get a Free School Meal?
Pupils can get a free school meal if their parents/carers are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Any Income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit but NOT Working Tax Credit with an income under £16,105
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit with an income under £6,420
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
- Pupils who receive any of these in their own right can also get a free school meal
How do I apply?
Application forms can be downloaded from aberdeencity.gov.uk or request a form from the School Office.
All applications must come with supporting evidence of income.
Each year all Free School Meal applications are re-validated to confirm you are still entitled. The School Office will send home a letter each September to request your paperwork. We ask all parents to provide the necessary paperwork to ensure continuation of Free School Meals.
If your benefits stop or change during the year, please inform school as soon as possible.